Nature deserves our respect
With its true to nature wood designs, our laminate flooring collection captures the spirit and atmosphere of nature, and it respects it too with a high-quality sustainable construction – that’s Treespect.
Nature’s influence on our laminate floors is more than just surface deep. Our impressively realistic laminate surfaces are a genuine alternative to real wood in commercial projects.
Delivering excellent durability and easier to maintain; the lifelike textures, matt surfaces and authentic grain decors capture every mark and imperfection of natural wood for a floor that’s closer to nature. By combining superlative performance and authentic looks with a sustainable construction that prevents deforestation, we’re giving nature the respect it deserves. Trees admired and preserved – now that’s Treespect.
Our laminate floors are made almost entirely from wood, so where that comes from is important in making the collections a sustainable option. 100% of all the wood we use is recovered from recycled sources or as a by-product of other industries.
We then turn this wood into a high-performance HDF core, adding a wear finish that’s made to withstand project use and reduce maintenance. Delivering durability and resilience from a sustainable wood construction, this is wood evolved.
Absorbing and locking in CO2, trees are important in tackling climate change. The more we can do to preserve this important carbon absorber by preventing deforestation, the better. That’s why we opt for wood by-products in all our laminate floors. Our recovered wood is certified by PEFC, a trusted certificate for the sustainable management of trees, so you can be assured that our laminate floors do not lead to deforestation.
Energy efficient production
Then, there’s the manufacturing processes that go into making a laminate suitable for commercial use. Our biomass power, energy efficiency and recycled water usage ensure that every IVC Commercial laminate floor is made with the environment in mind. Using alternative transportation wherever we can, such as rail and inland waterways, also means it arrives to you with less carbon being emitted, in FSC certified packaging that’s 100% recyclable.
Simplicity throughout use
Simple and reliable glue-free fitting means our laminate floors can be installed, lifted and reinstalled at whim, while the excellent longevity and scratch-resistance of the durable wear layer ensures a long life. Easy to clean with nothing more than water or a mild detergent and with emissions 10 times lower than the most stringent EU norm, they are better for the air people breathe too.
Positive actions for the planet
Our laminate floors are made to provide a long-term sustainable solution for commercial projects. How we go about this means taking positive actions for the planet throughout the supply chain:
- All our laminate floors are EPD certified (Environmental Product Declaration). Assessing the raw materials used and environmental impact throughout the entire life cycle, our EPDs are based upon international standards and verified by independent examinators.
- REACH compliant supply chain for high-quality raw materials and complete traceability
- All of the wood used is recovered from other industries and urban waste with 70% coming from PEFC sources so we can trace it right back to carefully managed forestry.
- Biomass power accounts for 70% of the heat required for production, avoiding 25,000tons of CO2 emissions every year.
- 97% of water used in manufacturing comes from recycled water, with in excess of 1000m3 of rainwater harnessed and reused.
- Energy efficient lamination and UV curing processes.
- Formaldehyde and VOC emissions 10 times lower than the most stringent EU norms with no carcinogenic, mutagenic or reprotoxic substances used.
- Transportation by water or rail and FSC certified packaging that’s 100% recyclable.